You need to apply for a student visa. To be granted a student visa you must complete a visa application form, lodge it with the evidence required, pay the application charge and comply with the student visa requirements. You can be granted a student visa only if you intend to study a registered course on a full-time basis and meet with a number of visa conditions after you have entered Australia.
To be granted a student visa you must satisfy the visa requirements and meet with a number of visa conditions for attendance and academic performance which come into effect after your entry in Australia. Your Student (Temporary) Visa will list the conditions that apply specifically to you. It is important to meet with your visa conditions to avoid visa cancellation. Student visa information on this website is an outline only and subject to change.
- You are of good character.
- You are of sound health
- You have acceptable health insurance through the Overseas Student Health Cover (OSHC) for yourself and members of your family unit accompanying you to Australia
You have no outstanding debts to the Commonwealth of Australia, or have made arrangements acceptable to the Minister to repay such a debt
- If assessed at level 1 or 2, or you are in Australia under any assessment level, an electronic confirmation of enrolment (eCoE) certificate is required before you lodge your application and a copy is to be furnished with your application
- If you are outside Australia and assessed at level 3 you will need an ‘offer of a place in a course’ letter from your Australian education provider at the time you lodge your application.
- An electronic confirmation of enrolment (eCoE) certificate issued by your education provider before you lodge your application if you are requested by the Australian embassy to do so. GeeBee can help you with this.